I. Industry Status:
Take the recent elevator liability insurance with high attention as an example. Now that elevators are everywhere in public places, the risk of safety accidents is increasing, but “elevator insurance” is not mandatory, which has been controversial.
In the "Special Equipment Safety Law of the People's Republic of China" officially implemented in 2014, it is explicitly encouraged to purchase insurance for special equipment including elevators. Elevator safety liability insurance has also been included in the “Elevator Safety Supervision Measures” implemented successively in many places. However, it is worth noting that there are few “compulsory purchases” for “elevator insurance” in various places. Most of them use the words “encourage” and “promote”.
At the same time, some liability insurance is often controversial in terms of who will be insured. Elevators involve elevator manufacturers, users, maintenance companies and other entities, which are prone to unclear responsibility, resulting in no urgency for policyholders and a weaker awareness of insurance.
In 2014, Guangdong began to implement the elevator liability insurance unified protection demonstration project, and clearly established the elevator liability insurance system in which the “investment management right” is the main body of the insurance, and the production enterprises, inspection agencies and maintenance units participate. At present, Guangdong Province is mostly insured by maintenance units, and some are also insured for property management and individual owners. As of the first half of this year, there were 387,000 elevators in Guangdong covering various types of liability insurance, accounting for 73% of the total elevators in the province.
According to the data of the first quarter of 2015 of Shenzhen Insurance Regulatory Bureau, the elevators are now underwritten to account for 43% of the elevators in use in Shenzhen. According to the data released by the Shenzhen Elevator Liability Insurance Demonstration Project, as of June, the number of elevators in the city has been 62009.
The so-called liability insurance refers to the type of insurance that covers the risk of insurance customers' legal compensation. The relevant experts point out that the insurance that covers the risk of elevators is most directly related to elevator liability insurance and special equipment liability insurance, and public liability insurance. Elevator liability insurance. General civil or shopping mall hotels, mainly insured elevator liability insurance or additional elevator liability insurance, special equipment liability insurance generally for industrial plants and other special equipment, such as pressure pipes, boilers, passenger ropeways, large amusement facilities, etc. and covers elevators. At present, the current market insurance is still more public liability insurance, with additional elevator liability insurance.
1. Public liability insurance: Also known as general liability insurance or comprehensive liability insurance, it takes the insured's public liability as the underwriting object, and is the independent and most widely used insurance category in liability insurance. There are public liability accident risks in various public facilities, factories, office buildings, schools, hospitals, shops, hotels, theaters, and engineering construction sites. The owners and managers of these places are required to pass on their responsibility by insuring public liability insurance.
2. Elevator liability insurance: Elevator liability insurance refers to the economic compensation liability for passengers' personal injury or property damage during the operation of the elevator owned or managed by the insured. All the owners, managers or operators of all kinds of elevators such as shops, office buildings, enterprises, hotels, hospitals, schools, etc. can insure according to their needs.
3. Special equipment safety liability insurance: special equipment includes boilers, pressure vessels, pressure pipes, elevators, lifting machinery, passenger ropeways, large amusement facilities, special motor vehicles in the field (plant). These devices generally have the characteristics of operating under high pressure, high temperature, high altitude and high speed conditions, flammable, explosive, prone to falling from height, etc., which poses a greater risk to personal and property safety.
Third, the meaning of insurance:
1. When an enterprise insures a safety liability insurance, the insurance company will conduct a comprehensive inspection and inspection of the enterprise applying for insurance, and conduct an existing and potential risk assessment. The enterprise needs to rectify the enterprise according to the evaluation report. The safety belt is brought into the entire production line. When the contract comes into effect, the insured must fulfill his obligations in accordance with the contract. This invisibly strengthens the supervision of the enterprise and minimizes the occurrence of safety accidents. Through the invisible hand of insurance, the market subject is supervised and motivated by the market to prevent the occurrence of security incidents.
2. Insufficient awareness of corporate insurance is often criticized. A large number of enterprises have a chance of being lucky in the process of production, operation and management, and are unwilling to bear the various costs incurred by insurance liability insurance. There are also many companies that do not exclude liability insurance subjectively, but they do not realize that insurance is an effective means of decentralizing and transferring production and operation risks, and can avoid huge compensation and chain reaction caused by major accidents. The insurance for Shenzhen elevator liability insurance is Ping An Insurance. Its claim plan shows that an elevator pays 80 yuan a year. The amount of compensation that can be enjoyed is: the maximum compensation per person is 1 million yuan, and each elevator is the highest. The amount of compensation is 3 million yuan, and each policy can enjoy a maximum compensation of 80 million yuan.
Therefore, for the enterprise side, actively taking on more social responsibilities and raising the awareness of insurance, it is a top priority to transfer the risk of the enterprise by purchasing the liability insurance.
Fourth, policy changes:
The Chengdu Housing Management Bureau issued the “Notice on Strengthening the Safety Management of Elevator in the Property Management Area”, clarifying that the entrusted property service institutions should purchase public liability insurance for the elevators according to relevant regulations, enhance the company's ability to resist risks, and protect the legitimate rights and interests of the owners.
According to the "Notice", the property service agency entrusted by the owner to manage and maintain the elevator shall perform the duties of the elevator user in accordance with the relevant agreement; entrust the original maintenance or have the dimension by signing the maintenance contract with clear rights and responsibilities in accordance with relevant regulations. The maintenance-qualified units shall carry out maintenance and repair, and strengthen supervision over the maintenance of the maintenance contract by the maintenance unit, and promptly supervise the problems existing in the rectification. At the same time, the entrusted property service agency also needs to purchase public liability insurance for the elevator, enhance the company's ability to resist risks, and protect the legitimate rights and interests of the owners. And strengthen the knowledge of the safe use of elevators, in accordance with the requirements of the quality supervision department, in the elevator car to post passengers and other warning signs and other elevator related information, to guide the owners, users to use the elevator correctly.
At the same time, the "Notice" also clearly stipulates that the property service agency entrusted with the establishment of the elevator safety management organization or the elevator safety management personnel who have obtained the "Special Equipment Operation Personnel Certificate", prepare emergency measures and rescue plans for elevator emergencies or safety accidents, and regularly Organize emergency drills. And in accordance with the provisions of the special equipment inspection agency to submit annual inspection requirements, and timely publicity information. The district/city/county housing management departments shall include the management and maintenance of the elevators by the property service agencies into the daily inspections of the property management area, and carefully review the information such as maintenance contracts, maintenance records, and maintenance contract supervision records, and inspect the elevators in depth. Actual use, spot check the implementation of the emergency plan.
This article tags: elevator insurance know how much